LOOK INSIDE BACKSTAGE PASS:
(Premium Print edition)
Story Map and Keywords on inside covers:
What people are saying about Backstage Pass
With 8 different possible endings there are numerous opportunities for re-reading, leading to even more natural meetings with key vocabulary at the reader’s level. The book is easy to read, with a theme that many 11-15 year olds will identify with, and has comic style full-page color illustrations throughout.The Extensive Reading Foundation
Highly engaging and motivating for young learners; fresh, learner-centred, visually attractive and innovatively funded.The British Council
These books are a really good idea, and make great use of the ebook format. What’s particularly impressive about them is the way the writer has managed to keep the language really simple while keeping the story interesting. This makes the stories accessible to young language learners in a fun way. Definitely recommend.English Teacher
My learners loved it! Although it is easy reading, it is also really engaging. Learners who are beginners, elementary, pre-intermediate levels all seemed excited to read the story and each one getting a different end. Ilustrations work is really great. I look forward to more titles.English Teacher
- Page count: 46 story pages (23 text; 23 illustrations).
- Word count: about 2,500 total (each page is 100-110 words).
- Number of endings: 8 (each story thread is 16 pages or 800-880 words long)
- Glossary: 15-20 keywords per title are glossed with easy English definitions
- May contain mild violence, comparable to "PG" movies such as Star Wars. Recommended for ages 11+.
This is what the ebook version looks like on black and white 'e-ink' devices such as the Kindle Voyage, and on color devices running an e-reader app, such as the iPad or a PC. The ebook is the only version in which you can resize the text.
- PREMIUM PRINT. Currently available in Japan at englishbooks.jp, in North America at English Central and in Quebec at La Maison Anglaise. Print versions do not include audio.
- XREADING via library subscription. This version is part of the XReading graded reader library, which includes hundreds of books by major and independent publishers on a subscription basis. This version does include audio. XReading.com